Terms & Conditions – Cameras & Lighting
1. Definitions and Interpretation
1.1. In these Terms and Conditions:
(1) Agreement means the contract between ATF and Hirer in relation to the hire of Equipment, which is governed by these Terms and Conditions together with the Hirer’s Trade Account Application and quotation provided by ATF (if any).
(2) ATF means ATF Services Pty Ltd ABN 54 060 402 048
(3) Business Hours are 9.00am to 3.00pm on week days other than public holidays
(4) Cycle Billing Period means the period between the expiry of the Initial Period and the return or collection of the Equipment, during which the Hirer will be billed on a periodic basis for the hire of the Equipment, the Cycle Billing Period will commence automatically following the expiration of the Initial Period, and will continue indefinitely until the Equipment is returned or collected in accordance with this Agreement.
(5) Delivery of the Equipment is deemed to have occurred when it is collected by Hirer or transported to a location at the request of Hirer and Delivered has a corresponding meaning.
(6) Equipment means the goods hired by Hirer from ATF in accordance with this Agreement.
(7) GST Act means the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cwlth)
(8) Hirer means the person, company or other legal entity hiring the Equipment from ATF. Where the context permits, it includes Hirer’s employees and contractors.
(9) Initial Period means the fixed initial hire period agreed between ATF and Hirer together with any agreed extension to this period.
(10) PPSA means the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cwlth).
(11) Rates means the rates notified by ATF to Hirer from time to time.
(12) Rental Period means: (a) the Initial Period; and (b) the Cycle Billing Period.
(13) Use means use, installation, removal, storage, maintenance or transport by or on behalf of Hirer.
1.2. Every provision of this Agreement is independent of the others. Any provision which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will be deemed removed to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions. Unless stated to the contrary, the rights under this Agreement are in addition to any rights that may be conferred by general law.
1.3. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of New South Wales and ATF and Hirer submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
1.4. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previously issued Terms and Conditions. ATF is not bound by any terms and conditions contained in any document issued by the Hirer whether issued before or after this Agreement.
2. Rates and Rental Period
2.1. During the Rental Period Hirer must pay ATF a hire fee calculated in accordance with the Rates.
2.2. The hire fee must be paid in the manner and in accordance with the payment terms specified on any invoice issued by ATF or otherwise notified to Hirer from time to time. ATF may require payment of some or all of the hire fee prior to Delivery. Hirer must notify ATF within seven (7) days of any errors with the invoice.
2.3. Not receiving an invoice will in no way relieve Hirer of its responsibility for the payment of amounts due. Failure to pay amounts due within seven (7) days of a debt becoming due for payment or such term otherwise agreed to in writing by ATF will be considered a breach of this Agreement. Hirer must pay ATF on demand on a full indemnity basis, all costs incurred in recovering any amount owed to ATF by Hirer.
2.4. Hirer is not permitted to claim a reduction in hire fees for Equipment returned before the end of the Initial Period, and except as provided for in clause 8.1, ATF will not refund any hire fees prepaid by Hirer for any period outside of the Rental Period.
2.5. Hirer must not deduct any part of the hire fee as retention money.
2.6. The hire fees, and all other consideration payable under this Agreement, do not include GST (as defined in the GST Act). If a supply made under this Agreement, or as a result of any breach of a term of this Agreement, is subject to GST:
(1) the recipient of that supply must pay the supplier an amount equal to the GST payable by the supplier, at the same time as the consideration for that supply is given; and
(2) the supplier agrees to give the recipient a tax invoice (as defined in the GST Act) for that additional amount upon payment.
2.7. Hirer agrees to pay ATF a service charge on all past due balances at the rate of 1.5% per month or part thereof from the due date for payment until the payment is made.
2.8. Failure by the Hirer to comply with the terms and conditions of payment as specified on the invoice will result in ATF outsourcing debt recovery services at the expense of the Hirer.
2.9. Hirer must pay ATF the debt recovery fees in addition to the outstanding invoice amount.
2.10. Hirer is liable for all costs or expenses which may arise as a direct or indirect result of the failure to comply with the terms and conditions of payment as specified on the invoice.
3. Delivery, Pick up, Installation and Removal
3.1. Hirer must retain ATF to deliver the Equipment.
3.2. The Hirer accepts the risk in the Equipment from pick up to return of the Equipment and is responsible for any loss or damage to the Equipment due to any cause except to the extent otherwise set out in this Agreement.
3.3. The Hirer retains ATF to deliver, pick up, install, or remove the Equipment and ATF will do so as the agent of Hirer. Delivery, installation, dismantling and pickup charges are extra and will be quoted separately.
3.4. If ATF is delayed from delivering or removing the Equipment from any location for any reason beyond its reasonable control, it may acting reasonably, charge Hirer additional delivery charges. The additional delivery charges will be calculated for every period of 15 minutes (or part) waiting time at the rate published on ATF’s website www.atfservices.com.au from time to time.
3.5. ATF will issue Hirer with an “off hire” number (which Hirer should retain) once the Equipment has been retained to collect the Equipment. The off hire number confirms the expiration of the Rental Period.
3.6. Hirer is liable for all costs, expenses, damages or loss (including consequential loss) which may arise as a direct result of the delivery, pick up, installation or removal of the Equipment by ATF as agent for Hirer, caused by Hirer.
4. Receipt of Equipment
4.1. On Delivery of the Equipment, Hirer must satisfy itself that:
(1) it has received the Equipment in good condition in the quantity ordered;
(2) it, and any employee or contractor using the Equipment, has been fully instructed in the use of the Equipment and understands its proper use and means of installation and removal; and
(3) the Equipment is suitable and fit for the purpose for which Hirer intends to use it, and must notify ATF within 24 hours if it is not so satisfied. Failing such notification, Hirer will be deemed to have accepted the Equipment in the condition in which it was provided and as suitable and fit for the purpose for which Hirer intends to use the Equipment.
4.2. Hirer acknowledges that it is responsible for properly securing the Equipment for the purpose of transportation so as to ensure its safe transport to and from the location where the Equipment will be used by Hirer.
5. Use of the Equipment
5.1. Hirer must ensure that the Equipment is Used strictly in accordance with ATF’s instructions and any procedures recommended by ATF from time to time and the Hirer indemnifies ATF from any failure to comply with such instructions and procedures and unintended Use of the Equipment.
5.2. Hirer must at all times keep the Equipment in good condition and must not, without ATF’s prior written consent, alter or make additions to the Equipment, or deface, remove or conceal any ATF logo, identifying mark or number, or indication of ATF’s ownership of the Equipment.
5.3. Hirer must at all times ensure that the Equipment is Used in a safe manner, and must not deliberately damage, abuse or mistreat Equipment or allow Equipment to be deliberately damaged, abused, or mistreated.
5.4. If any damage, loss, theft or destruction of the Equipment occurs, whether Hirer was responsible or not, Hirer must immediately notify ATF and provide full details of the damage, loss theft or destruction.
5.5. Hirer must ensure that Use of the Equipment is at all times strictly in accordance with:
(1) all applicable laws including relevant legislation in relation to privacy, data storage, communication and transmission, planning, environment or health and safety, and
(2) any relevant industry usage, custom and standards for goods similar to the Equipment.
5.6. Hirer must obtain and maintain, at its own expense, any insurance, permit or license that may be required under any law or by any statutory or other authority for the Use of the Equipment, including its installation or removal. Without limiting Hirer’s obligations under this clause, Hirer must obtain all permits required under any relevant legislation, and must ensure that its personnel are appropriately inducted, trained and supervised so as to ensure the safe and lawful Use of the Equipment.
5.7. At all times during the Rental Period, the Hirer must store the Equipment safety and securely.
5.8. The Hirer will allow ATF to enter the Hirer premises and inspect and maintain the Equipment from time to time during the Rental Period during normal working hours. If we cannot inspect or maintain the Equipment during normal working hours, then additional charges may apply.
5.9. Whenever the Hirer moves the Equipment the Hirer must ensure the safe loading, securing and transporting of all Equipment in accordance with all laws and guidelines. The Hirer must observe any safety directions advised by ATF and must conduct any risk assessments it deems necessary to comply with the safety laws.
6. Unusable, Damaged and Missing Equipment
6.1. If the equipment breaks down, is unusable or unsafe during the Rental Period, the Hirer must:
(1) Immediately stop Using the Equipment and notify ATF;
(2) take all steps necessary to prevent injury occurring to persons or property as a result of the condition of the Equipment;
(3) take all steps necessary to prevent any further damage to the Equipment itself; and
(4) not repair or attempt to repair the Equipment without ATF’s written consent.
6.2. Except where clause 6.3 applies, upon receiving notice from the Hirer under clause 6.1, ATF will:
(1) Take all reasonable steps to repair the Equipment or provide suitable substitute Equipment as soon as reasonably possible after being notified by the Hirer; and
(2) Not impose Rates for that portion of the Hirer Period for which the Equipment was broken down or unsafe, nor the costs associated with any repair or replacement of the Equipment except where a long distance maintenance and repair fee applies as per clause 6.4.
6.3. If the Equipment has broken down or become unsafe to use as a result of the Hirer’s acts or omissions (or the acts or omissions of the Hirer’s employees or contractors or agents) or if the Equipment is lost, stolen or damaged beyond fair wear and tear during the Rental Period, The Hirer will be liable for:
(1) Any costs incurred by ATF to recover and repair or replace the Equipment; and
(2) The Rates for that portion of the Rental Period during which the Equipment is being recovered, repaired or replaced, Except where the Hirer has paid a insurance reduction, in which case the Hirer’s liability shall be in accordance with clause 7.
6.4. If the Equipment is hired to a location more than 50km from the ATF branch from which the Equipment is hired then a long distance hire maintenance and repair fee may apply, as follows:
(1) after the first 50km of travel a per kilometer fee will apply for travel both to and from the location of the Equipment.
6.5. If Equipment is returned or collected in a condition which in the reasonable opinion of ATF renders it unusable for hire, Hirer must pay ATF on demand the cost of replacement or repair of the Equipment calculated in accordance with the relevant Damaged & Lost Materials price list as published on ATF’s website, www.atfservices.com.au from time to time. In no circumstances will title to the Equipment or any part of it pass to Hirer.
6.6. In addition to any other obligation the Hirer may have to ATF, Hirer will be liable for all costs, expenses, damages or loss (including consequential loss), incurred by ATF arising out of the Equipment not being returned or collected, including where the Equipment has been stolen or is missing.
7. Insurance Reduction
7.1. When an insurance reduction charge (at ATF’s then current rate) is paid by the Hirer, ATF will not make a claim against the Hirer for any accidental loss or damage to the Equipment during the period covered by the charge. This insurance reduction is conditional upon the Hirer paying a $500 excess per claim event, and only applies when the Hirer has Used the Equipment in accordance with this Agreement.
7.2. For the avoidance of doubt clause 7.1 does not apply to prevent ATF from making a claim for loss and damage to the Equipment in circumstances where:
(1) loss or damage occurred in part or whole as a result of the negligent act or omission of the Hirer.
(2) there was misuse or abuse of the Equipment caused or permitted by the Hirer
(3) mysterious disappearance of the Equipment;
(4) loss or damage from use in violation of regulations by the Hirer
8. ATF’s Rights
8.1. ATF may terminate this Agreement and recover the Equipment at any time on 7 days written notice to Hirer. If ATF exercises this termination right, ATF will refund Hirer for any hire fees received by ATF which relate to Equipment hired outside the Rental Period, less a deduction for reasonable expenses incurred by ATF in connection with the recovery and/or transport of the Equipment.
8.2. ATF may enter any premises where the Equipment or any part of it is, or believed to be located for the purpose of:
(1) inspecting or testing the Equipment,
(2) protecting ATF’s rights or interest in the Equipment,
(3) ensuring compliance with any law, including any law relating to health and safety, or
(4) exercising its right to take possession or control of the Equipment.
8.3. ATF does not own the data and information collected under this Agreement but may disclose data and information where:
(1) it is subject to a warrant or court order and is sought by a law enforcement agency;
(2) it is requested by a law enforcement agency but is not subject to a court order or warrant. and ATF believes the request to be reasonable;
(3) it is sought by specified persons, is subject of an approved freedom of information request; and is readily retrievably;
(4) it is considered personal information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and is sought by that person; or
(5) ATF forms the view that it is otherwise reasonable to do so.
8.4. Notwithstanding clauses 8.3 ATF may choose not to disclose or to limit the disclosure of the data where disclosure could breach any relevant privacy legislation in relation to other persons who are the subject of the data.
8.5. If Hirer in any way fails to perform, breaches any provision of this Agreement, becomes insolvent or in ATF’s reasonable opinion is likely to become insolvent, ATF may at its discretion do all or any of the following:
(1) terminate this Agreement upon 7 days written notice;
(2) retake possession of the Equipment, holding Hirer fully liable for all hire fees; and
(3) require Hirer to pay liquidated damages equal to 2 weeks hire fees (which the parties agree to be a reasonable estimate of the costs incurred by ATF in order to retake possession of the Equipment).
8.6. Nothing in this clause 8 limits any rights ATF may have:
(1) in respect of the Equipment;
(2) against Hirer; or
(3) against any other person, at any time.
9. Warranties and Guarantees
9.1. ATF acknowledges that the Hirer may be a consumer for the purposes of applicable State or Federal law, with the consequence that:
(1) certain warranties or conditions may be implied into this Agreement; and
(2) certain guarantees may be conferred on Hirer and certain rights and remedies may be conferred on Hirer, which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. If so, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, ATF’s liability to Hirer is limited at ATF’s option to:
(3) in the case of goods:
a. replacement or repair of the goods; or
b. payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the goods; and
(4) in the case of services:
a. resupply of the services; or
b. payment of the cost of resupplying the services.
9.2. Subject to clause 9.1 and to the maximum extent permitted by law:
(1) ATF excludes all conditions, warranties, guarantees or representations (expressed or implied) to the Hirer in relation to this Agreement or its subject matter, including all warranties and guarantees as to the quality, suitability or fitness of the Equipment for any particular purpose;
(2) ATF is not responsible to Hirer or to any other person for any loss (including consequential loss), damage, or injury, caused by, resulting from or in any way connected with this Agreement including, the Use of the Equipment, howsoever caused, including due to ATF’s negligence, breach of contract, breach of any law, in equity, or under any indemnity; and
(3) ATF will not be responsible for failure or delay in Delivery, pick up, installation or removal and will have no liability to Hirer or any other person for any loss (including any consequential loss) arising out of such failure or delay.
10. Liability and Indemnity
10.1. Hirer is liable for all costs, expenses, damages, claim including injury claim, or loss (including consequential loss) whether caused by Hirer or any other third party, arising directly out of the Use of the Equipment.
10.2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the maximum amount recoverable by Hirer from ATF under or in connection with this Agreement is limited to the hire fees paid by Hirer to ATF under this Agreement.
10.3. Hirer agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified ATF and ATF’s employees, agents and contractors from all damages, suits, actions, claims and demands which they may suffer or incur arising either directly or indirectly out of the Use of the Equipment.
10.4. Hirer must not do or allow to be done any act matter or thing which may invalidate or prejudice any:
(1) insurance policy effected by ATF,
(2) ATF defence or prosecution of any claim, or
(3) right ATF may have against any person, to the extent that the Hirer’s compliance with this clause 10.4 is not contrary to law.
11. Title and Security
11.1. Title to the Equipment remains with ATF at all times. Hirer must not grant or allow to subsist any security interest or encumbrance over the Equipment or allow ATF’s title to be adversely affected in any way.
11.2. Hirer must not make any representation or do anything that may tend to induce any person to believe the Equipment is not the property of ATF. If possession of the Equipment is taken by any third party for any reason, Hirer authorises ATF to take any action it deems necessary to protect its rights in the Equipment, at the cost of Hirer.
11.3. If ATF determines that this Agreement (or a transaction in connection with it) is or contains a security interest for the purposes of the PPSA, Hirer agrees upon request to do anything (such as obtaining consents, signing and producing documents, getting documents completed and signed and supplying information) which ATF considers necessary for the purposes of:
(1) ensuring that the security interest is enforceable, perfected and otherwise effective;
(2) enabling ATF to apply for any registration, or give any notification, in connection with the security interest so that the security interest has the priority required by ATF; and
(3) enabling ATF to exercise rights in connection with the security interest, and, the Hirer expressly waives any right it may have under PPSA section 175 to be given notice in relation to any registration event.
11.4. ATF is not obliged, before exercising a right under this Agreement or conferred by law, to give the Hirer any notice or demand, or allow a lapse of time, that is required by law unless the notice, demand or lapse of time cannot be excluded. A reference to a notice under this clause includes any notice under the PPSA.
12. Location and Use of Equipment
12.1. The Hirer is responsible for selecting the site at which the Equipment is to be installed and for obtaining all necessary permits or approval required for the use of the equipment at that site.
12.2. Hirer must expressly inform ATF of the location of the Equipment during the Rental Period.
12.3. Hirer must not:
(1) part with possession of the Equipment;
(2) allow any other person to use the Equipment; or
(3) permit removal of the Equipment from the location at which Hirer represented it would be located; without the prior written consent of ATF.
12.4. Hirer must store the Equipment in a safe place, and do all other things necessary to ensure the continued safety and preservation of the Equipment.
13. Collection, Storage and Use of Information
13.1. Hirer authorises ATF to collect, store, use and disclose information about Hirer for the purposes related to the provision of hire services (including whether to allow credit on Hirer’s account), reporting information to any credit agency, marketing ATF’s goods and services, and enforcing any rights under this Agreement.
13.2. Hirer expressly consents to receiving commercial electronic messages from ATF and its agents for the purposes of the Spam Act 2003. Hirer may withdraw its consent at any time by notifying ATF in writing.
13.3. Where personal information is collected, stored or used by ATF, it will be dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. In particular, any individual may access personal information held about him or her (subject to the permissible limitations contained in the Privacy Act 1988), and may request correction of that personal information. Further information about the handling of personal information including requests for access to personal information may be obtained from ATF’s Privacy Officer.
13.4. ATF and its agents will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles or successor principles. A copy of ATF’s privacy statement can be obtained by visiting ATF’s website www.atfservices.com.au.
13.5. ATF is not the owner of the data and information and while it agrees to collect and store the data and information it has no liability to Hirer arising out of the loss, damage or destruction of the information and data.
14. Hirer’s Warranties
14.1. Any person signing any document on behalf of Hirer in respect of the hire of the Equipment warrants that they:
(1) have Hirer’s authority to contract with ATF on Hirer’s behalf; and
(2) have been authorised by Hirer to bind Hirer to hire the Equipment under this Agreement, and agrees to indemnify ATF against all losses, costs and claims incurred by ATF if this is not the case.
14.2. If there is any variation to the legal structure or management of Hirer, including (but not limited to) change in directors, senior management or trustee, or change in partnership or conversion to or from a company or to or from a trust, Hirer must notify ATF in writing within 7 days providing details of that change.
14.3. Hirer may not assign in whole or in part this Agreement or any benefit under this Agreement without ATF’s prior written consent.
15. Changes to Terms and Conditions
15.1. ATF may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by publishing the amendments on its website www.atfservices.com.au or otherwise notifying Hirer in writing. Such amended Terms and Conditions will govern each subsequent hire agreement between ATF and Hirer.
16.1. Any failure of ATF to insist upon strict performance by Hirer of the conditions and terms of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of ATF’s right to demand strict compliance.
16.2. ATF may exercise its rights under this Agreement personally or through its agents